Sync your profile across devices¶
If you use Status on more than one device, sync your profile so that it's up to date on every device and you can switch between them seamlessly. Without syncing, you are likely to configure the same options more than once and receive multiple notifications for one single message.
Currently, you can only set up syncing using the Status mobile app, but you can pair a computer using your phone.
What to expect¶
- You can pair up to three devices.
- Once you set up the syncing, your Status profile data on your devices are in sync automatically until you unpair the devices.
- Your profile data include your message status (read or unread) and configuration for the profile, messaging, notification, wallets and browser.
- Your messages are not part of your profile data. When you sync a new device, only the messages sent or received in the last 30 days are available on your new device. Messages you receive from that initial sync are always available.
- If you have multiple profiles, you need to set up syncing for each one of them.
Sync your profile¶
When setting up syncing, you need to reveal the QR code or sync code on the primarily used device and scan or enter the code on the other device.
Step 1: Reveal the code for syncing on your main device¶
- From the tab bar, tap Messages.
- Tap your profile picture and go to Syncing.
- Proceed depending on your situation.
- If you have never used Status on your other device before, tap Add and then tap Reveal sync code.
- If you already use Status on your other device, find it in the Not paired with this device list and tap Pair next to it.
- Confirm your profile credentials.
Step 2: Use the code on the other device¶
- Configure your device's biometrics (fingerprint, face or other) to fill in your password. If you want to enable biometrics later, tap Maybe later.
- On the profile identifiers screen, you can learn more about your Status profile or tap Skip to finish the profile setup.
- Tap Start using Status.
|Device to sync||Steps|
|Doesn't run Status||1. Install and open Status.
2. Tap Sign in.
3. Tap Enable camera to scan the QR code shown on your first device or tap Enter sync code to enter the sync code. 4. Wait for your devices to synchronize and tap Continue. 5. Configure your device's biometrics (fingerprint, face or other) to fill in your password. If you want to enable biometrics later, tap Maybe later. 6. On the Enable notifiactions screen, tap Enable notifications and allow notifications from Status. Alternatively, tap Maybe later.
|Running Status||1. From the tab bar, tap
2. Tap your profile picture and go to Syncing.
3. Tap Add.
4. Tap Scan or enter sync code.
5. Tap Enable camera to scan the QR code shown on your main device or tap Enter sync code to enter the sync code.
During the syncing process, make sure Status is running on both devices and connected to the internet. Under the QR code, you can see the validity time of the QR code and the sync code. If the codes expire, confirm your profile credentials again and get new ones.
Turn off profile syncing¶
Turning off syncing degrades your experience with Status. But you can turn it off when you want to dispose of a device, or you see a device you don't recognize.
- In Status on one of your devices, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Syncing.
- In the Paired with this device list, tap Unpair.
- Tap Unpair.