Remove a contact from Status¶
You can remove any contact from your Status contact list. In Status, you need to add people as contacts to start a conversation. After you remove a Status contact, neither you nor your contact can send new messages to each other.
What to expect¶
- Removing a contact from Status removes the identity verification associated with that contact but not their reputation (trusted or untrusted).
- After you remove a contact, your direct messages with them remain. To delete these messages, delete the chat.
- A user not on your contact list can still see your profile and send you a contact request. To prevent this, you can [block the user][block-someone-in-status].
Status doesn't access or use your phone's contact list. When you remove a contact from Status who is also on your phone's contact list, that person stays on your list.
Remove a contact¶
- From the tab bar, tap Messages.
- Tap Contacts.
- In your contact list, search for the contact you want to remove.
- Tap More options next to the contact.
- Select Remove from contacts.
- From the navigation sidebar, click Messages.
- In your contacts sidebar, click the contact you want to remove.
- At the top of the content area, click More options and select View profile.
- In the profile dialog, click More options and select Remove contact.
- Click Confirm.