Delete your Status Wallet or wallet account¶
If you believe someone else has access to your Wallet, see If someone else has access to your Wallet.
By design, any blockchain is decentralized and immutable. This means that once something is on a blockchain, it can't be deleted. That includes your wallet: once you get an address and make transactions, there's no way to delete your transaction history.
As the name suggests, a blockchain is a chain of blocks. Deleting all blocks that contain your transactions would mean breaking off the entire chain that follows. While it's impossible to erase your wallet data, you can hide any of the accounts in your Status Wallet.
Remove an account in your Status Wallet¶
When you remove an account in your Wallet, you're simply hiding it in the app. The account itself and all of the related data, including your balance and transaction history, stay on the blockchain, but aren't visible to you in the app. You can always restore your account later.
Before removing your account, write down and keep its derivation path. You can always restore your account and the crypto it contains using your derivation path or recovery phrase.
- From the tab bar, tap Wallet.
- Tap the account you want to remove.
- Tap More options.
- Tap Delete account.
- Write down your derivation path. Using this path, you will be able to resetore your account later. Once you write it down, check I have taken note of the derivation path and tap Remove.
- From the navigation sidebar, go to Settings > Wallet.
- Click the account you want to remove.
- Click Remove account.
- Write down your derivation path. Using this path, you will be able Using this path, you will be able to resetore your account later. Once you write it down, check I have taken note of the derivation path and click Remove.
Delete your Status Wallet¶
Blockchains are pseudonymous: unless you sent crypto to your Status Wallet from a centralized crypto exchange, there's no way to trace your address to your real identity.
If you no longer need your Status Wallet, simply send your leftover crypto to some other wallet address and uninstall the app. You can always restore your Wallet later if you keep your recovery phrase.