Set up channel permissions¶
Currently, you can only set up channel permissions using Status desktop.
Community owners can set up permissions using three different variables:
Is allowed to and
In. For each one of them, follow the same procedure and use the table below as a reference.
What to expect¶
- Using channel permissions, community owners can restrict channel access and actions to specific people based on token requirements.
- Only the community owner can set up channel permissions.
- Use community permissions to make the entire community private. You can combine community-level and channel-level permission in the same community.
- When you delete a private channel, the channel permissions are lost. If you recreate the channel, you need to set up its permission again.
Set up channel permission¶
- If you're not in the New permissions screen, click Community > Settings > Permissions.
- For the
Is allowed toand
Invariables, click Add next to the variable and choose your values. Use the table below for reference.
- Optionally, check Hide permission to hide this permission from members who don't meet the requirements.
- Click Create permission.
||The tokens and amounts (for assets and collectibles) someone needs to hold.||Assets, Collectibles, ENS|
||The level of access or role that you assign to someone.||Become admin, Become member, Moderate.|
||The channel this permission applies to.||Channel|