Invite people to a Status Community¶
Whether you are a community member or not, you can tell people about the community and invite them to join.
People you invite still need to meet the requirements to join private communities.
There are three approaches to inviting someone.
|Share to Status contacts||Use this option to share the community with people in your Status contact list.||Mobile and desktop|
|Show QR code||Use this option to show the community QR code to people to scan.||Mobile|
|Share a link||Use this option to share a link via your other social media or copy it and share it manually.||Mobile and desktop|
Invite people to a community¶
- From the tab bar, tap Communities.
- In the Communities list, long press the community you want to share. If you don't see the community, enter the name in the search bar.
- In the action sheet, choose an option and proceed as follows:
|Share to Status contacts||1. Select
Invite people from contacts list.
2. Check the boxes next to the contacts you want to share with.
3. Tap Invite users.
|Show QR code||1. Select :moblie-qr-code: Show QR code.
2. Show or send the QR code to people you want to invite.
|Share a link||1. Select
2. To share the link via another app on your phone, tap a profile picture or an app icon. To copy the link, tap Copy.
- From the navigation sidebar, click Communities.
- Choose the community you want to share. If you don't see the community, enter the name in the search bar.
- From the navigation sidebar, right click the community logo and then select Share.
- Choose the contacts or copy the link and proceed as follows:
|Share to Status contacts||1. In the Invite Contacts pop-up window, type the names of your contacts in the search bar or check the boxes next to the names.
2. Click Next.
3. Optionally, type an invitation message.
4. Click Send Invites.
|Share a link||1. In the Invite Contacts pop-up window, click
Copy next to the link.
2. Switch to the app or platform where you want to share the link and paste it there.
After opening the link or scanning the QR code, people can install Status Status if they haven't already.