Download Status for Mac¶
The Status desktop app is the best way to experience Status on the Mac operating system (macOS). The app works on Mac computers using either the Apple silicon processor or the Intel processor.
Download the Status app¶
- Visit status.im/get .
- Under the Desktop section, click the Mac button.
- Once the download is complete, open a Finder window and select your Downloads folder.
- Double click the Status .dmg file.
- In the new window that opens, drag and drop the Status icon to the Applications folder.
- To launch the Status app, open the Applications folder and double-click the Status icon.
I have downloaded the Status app from a different website¶
To protect yourself from malware, viruses or scams, always download the Status app from a trusted source. For the Mac version, use the Status website .
Nothing happens on my Mac when I try to open the Status app¶
Make sure that your Mac has the minimum software required to run the Status app.
My Mac shows a security message when I try to install the Status app¶
Download the Status app for Mac from the Status website . If your Mac still shows a security message and you can't install the Status app, check the Safely open apps on your Mac Apple Support article for more information.